Re: Styling composite elements

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Antony Kennedy <antony@silversquid.com> wrote:
> We should be addressing all of these.
>
> I understand that OS controls are those the user is most likely to understand, and the most accessible since they are exposed lower level. Without allowing the authors to style these properly, and consistently, we force them to fake the same result with JS and markup, and then everyone loses.
>
> I agree with Henrick 100%. This is a CSS problem.
>
> Difficulty should not be a reason to avoid getting something standardised and written into a spec.

Of course it should be.  There's a lot of things to work on, and only
a finite amount of attention to be spent on all of it.  Difficult
things need justification for the large amounts of attention they'll
consume.

I agree it's a CSS problem, it's just one that we haven't had anyone
tackle yet.  As I explained, it's a *very* hard problem.