Re: [GCPM(?)] In-document cross references given numbers from numbered content

Le 20/02/2013 10:48, Cedric Sodhi a écrit :
> Consider a paper with formulas (assume HTML), where formulas are
> numbered [css3-list] and the author wants to refer to a formula
> elsewhere in the document.
>
> Necessarilly, the author will have to provide a reference to the
> formula, such as by the href-attribute of the a-element. For
> automatically numbered content, it would be desirable to obtain a
> generated token for the associated number, to mention it in the text.

Hi Cedric,

The GCPM draft has some ideas for cross-references:
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-gcpm/#cross-references

… but they might still need more work:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0486.html

> Is this already foreseen somewhere in the current state of CSS3?

It’s not ready yet, but it’s on our radar.

Cheers,
--
Simon Sapin