Re: [css-variables] Different syntax for variable definition and use

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 17:31 -0500, Brian Kardell wrote:
[...]
> If it weren't for the fact that the meaning is overloaded i would suggest
> that auth-* as a prefix would make me fully happy...  But honestly.. A good
> name with a few chars is tough.  I still hold that x-* is entirely sweet :)

At the risk of irritating Tab again :-) (sorry), I also prefer x-* or,
even better, my-* (emphasising it's user-defined), or cp- for Custom
Property, with my() or cp() to get them.

Tab, I do think it would help if Example 2 didn't have an "if" in it,
but was instead more obviously a property,
  var-font-family: "Helevetica", "Folio", sans;
for example, and have the "if(x > 5) this.width = 10;" example later,
e.g. merge it with example 3.

Maybe it's too late to change CSSVariablesDeclaration to
CSSCustomPropertiesDeclaration and no doubt people will get used to
whatever is used in any case.

Liam