Re: [css3-flexbox] transitions w/ min-width:auto not working in gecko

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> [changing subject line to avoid sidetracking Tab's original thread]
>
> Gecko treats min-width: auto as keyword in the computed style tree,
> whose _used_ value is 0 in most cases.
>
> Its _used_ value (and its getComputedStyle() value) still are 0 in most
> cases.  But we have to keep it as "auto" in our internal computed-style,
> in order to allow flex containers to see & react to that value
> appropriately in their children, since that happens after we've resolved
> computed-style.

That's a spec violation. :/  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#min-size-auto

Also, I don't understand what you mean.  Why do the flex containers
have to care?  It's the children that have the value, and which are
computing to min-content.