Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/1/13 1:13 PM, Alexis Menard wrote:
>>
>> If the listener is on the document yes it will be called
>

> It'll be called if the listener is on the _element_.

I meant document.addEventListener.

>> but that means that you've added a declaration to animate the pseudo
>> element
>> which as far as I can tell has been supported in WebKit for few weeks
>> (and doesn't work for FF and Opera).
>

> Animation and transition of pseudo-elements has been supported in Firefox
> since animations and transitions initially landed in Gecko.  I'm not sure
> why you think it doesn't work in Firefox.

My mistake. I tried http://jsfiddle.net/darktears/6uuQa/ and couldn't
make it work two days ago. Maybe I was tired or something.

Sorry about that.

>> If the listener is attached on the element itself (the element where
>> the pseudo element is declared) then yes it will be called but that
>> means again you've added an animation on the pseudo element.
>

> Yes, so?  People are in fact doing those already, last I checked, because as
> I said they've been working in Gecko for years.

In that case yes you are right there will be additional events.

--
Alexis Menard

Intel Semiconductores do Brasil Ltda.
Ave Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 940, Brooklin, 10 Andar
04583-904 São Paulo, SP
Brazil