Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

On 2/1/13 1:21 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Yes, so?  People are in fact doing those already, last I checked,
> because as I said they've been working in Gecko for years.

And to be more precise:

1)  Gecko has supported transitions on pseudo-elements since Firefox 4
(March 2011) and animations on pseudo-elements since Firefox 5 (June 2011).

2)  I have seen pages that do a -webkit-transition on an element but do
the corresponding unprefixed transition and -moz-transition on the
pseudo-element on the assumption that unprefixed implementations support
the pseudo-element bit and given the data point that Gecko does support
it.  These pages are not expecting an event on the pseudo-element and
would be likely to behave incorrectly if they do get an event for that
transition.

I believe we should use a different event name for the pseudo-element
transitions so that web pages don't get unexpected events suddenly
popping up.

-Boris