Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 2/1/13 11:31 AM, Alexis Menard wrote:
>>
>> Is the pseudoElement attribute what you are looking for?
>

> Is that actually compatible with existing content?  In particular, this will
> trigger existing event listeners that didn't use to be triggered before...

If the listener is on the document yes it will be called but that
means that you've added a declaration to animate the pseudo element
which as far as I can tell has been supported in WebKit for few weeks
(and doesn't work for FF and Opera).

If the listener is attached on the element itself (the element where
the pseudo element is declared) then yes it will be called but that
means again you've added an animation on the pseudo element. So it
could be a problem if you already had an animation on the element
itself but again you've added the pseudo element's animation so you
know that one more event will be fired therefore you need to adapt the
listener code accordingly.

In both cases you have to modify the original code to get these extra events.

Thanks.

--
Alexis Menard

Intel Semiconductores do Brasil Ltda.
Ave Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 940, Brooklin, 10 Andar
04583-904 São Paulo, SP
Brazil