Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On 2/1/13 1:06 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> You and Boris are giving me conflicting information about which is
> better.

I don't think so.

I just said being live is a pain to implement.  Being dead, however, is
a terrible performance problem.

I didn't state an opinion as to which is "better", or rather less bad...
;)  For this case, I think a live object is probably better.

What I'm not convinced about is an API that has a polymorphic "immutable
string or live object" return type, because that seems like a footgun
(e.g. saving the return value and then checking it later has different
behavior depending on which flavor of the API you managed to call).

David's proposed API does not have that problem.

-Boris