Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

Le 01/02/2013 03:37, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
>> >There are a lot of properties with values that don't become px until
>> >used-value time, for example.  This covers most properties with
>> >percentages, a number of properties with 'auto', and a smattering of
>> >other types of values.
> Ah, I see.  Hmmm....
>
> That of course raises the fun questions of what used values should
> return on nodes that have no boxes, or are not even in the document tree...

My understanding is that elements do not have used values, only boxes
do. (At least that’s how WeasyPrint implements it.)

Also note that one element can generate multiple boxes (list item +
maker, table + wrapper, fragmentation across pages, columns, …) and
these boxes may have different used values for the same properties.

If you’re tempted to pretend that list item markers, table wrappers or
pages can be ignored, consider the used height of a block fragmented in
a multi-column context. Each fragment could have a different height.

Used values on elements do not make sense.

--
Simon Sapin