Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Mike Sherov <mike.sherov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Boris,
>
> I believe the proposal is a bit broader, but I'll take any interest :-) I
> believe is what we're talking about, so you can get "used", "computed",
> "specified", "resolved", "actual", "initial", "default" or any other value
> type for a CSS property or an element

The difference between "actual" and "used" may not be easily
accessible, I think.  I believe engines might fold those calculations
together; I could be wrong, though.

I like the idea of being able to explicitly request the inherited,
initial, or default value (presumably, "default" would act as if it
was specified at the author origin).