Re: [css21] What's the used value of left/right when overconstrained in relpos?

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> My general position is that no style value returned via getComputedStyle()
> should be 'auto' if there is a legal return value that denotes the
> "resolved" or "as used" interpretation of 'auto'.

I believe the current common position among spec is that "auto"
resolves at the earliest common moment it can resolve, across all
possibiliites.  That is, if it can resolve at computed-value time in
some cases, but used-value time in others, it should just resolve at
computed-value time.

~TJ