Re: [CSS21][css-page] Fixed positioning on content-empty pages?

Le 25/04/2013 20:19, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> Simon Sapin wrote:
>
>   > > §9.6.1 of CSS 2.1 says:
>   > >> For paged media, boxes with fixed positions are repeated on every page.
>   > >
>   > > Is this really *every* page, including content-empty pages generated by
>   > > forced page breaks? If so, does the :blank page selector still match?
>
> I can go either way on this one. The strictest interpretation would be
> to, indeed, show fixed boxes on every page and not have :blank match
> blank pages resulting from forced page breaks.
>
> Another reasonable clarification would be to say the fixed are shown
> on all pages, except those that are left empty by forced page breaks.
>
> In printed publications I don't find fixed very useful as there is no
> no way to control which pages it would appear on.
>
>   > Bonus question: does content in page-margin boxes makes a page not
>   > "content-empty"? This affects the :blank selector.
>   >
>   > I think it should not. Otherwise, the result of whether :blank matches a
>   > given page would depend on itself:
>   >
>   > @page :blank { @top-center { content: "Not blank." }
>
> Right, so we are saying that content in the margin boxes does not
> effect whether :blank matches or not? I agree with that.

Although there was no strong opinion either way, the WG resolved this
week that:

* Boxes with `position: fixed` are repeated on every page, even
additional pages generated by forced page breaks.
* :blank matches additional pages generated by forced page breaks, even
if they have content in `position: fixed` boxes or page-margin boxes.

The definition of "content empty page" needs to be changed to reflect
that. Or maybe the concept can be removed entirely.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Apr/0576.html

--
Simon Sapin