Re: ::distributed and relative selectors (Was Re: [shadowdom]: Using :root to specify the insertion point in ::distributed)

I am wondering that we can resolve this ':scope' issue for
'::distributed' pseudo element by updating a relative selector spec
somehow, though I am not sure how we should update the spec yet.
>From the view point of the syntax,

  A) ::distributed(> .hello)
  B) ::distributed(.hello:root)

 I still prefer A to B since A is more intuitive for developers, I think.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Hayato Ito <hayato@google.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I noticed that we don't need 4) and 5) to prove contradiction. See the
>>> following example, introducing 4':
>>>
>>> 1). content::distributed(> .hello)               ->  Please assume this matches.
>>> 2). content::distributed(:scope > .hello)        -> Matches. (1 and 2
>>> should be equivalent according to the defintion of relative
>>> selectors).
>>> 3). content::distributed(*:scope > .hello)       -> Matches.

--
Hayato