Re: [CSSWG][css-grid-layout] Updated WD of CSS Grid Layout

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 2013, at 6:03 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We had discussions two f2fs ago about relying solely on named areas to
>> provide names.  It's not usable.  (I tried.)
>
> It seems to have changed a lot since then, though, and I'm not sure the current melange of named grid areas and named grid lines is better. As I dig into the current version more, I'm finding it pretty confusing.

It hasn't changed in any way relevant to the discussion; we've just
rearranged some syntax.  The underlying issue is still there - lines
are tied to a more generic concept of "regions", which can overlap and
nest, unlike grid areas.  They can also repeat, which isn't compatible
with grid areas.

~TJ