Re: [mediaqueries4] - Pointer size/accuracy

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM, Robert Kk <umbertoko@gmail.com> wrote:
> The display device problem is, that I will make action fields very good
> usable on small displays. If you use your finger, browser should say me
> "very coase" (by very high resolution) or "coase" by smaller resolution or
> by usage of drawing stick. That have pixel, dpi and/or pointer device type
> as source of the problem, not only pixels, right?

I can't parse most of this paragraph.

Once again, the dpi of the device has no effect on sizes written in
px.  Something 40px tall will be the same height on a 96dpi device as
a 300dpi device.  So, there is absolutely nothing to worry about in
terms of target sizes when displays get better.

The only thing that would motivate us to include more detail or more
options in the 'pointer' query is evidence that there really are input
methods for whom "coarse" (meant to indicate fat fingers on screens)
is still too small.