Re: [css4-color] color-correction

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this morning telecon, Chris objected to this new property.
> The minutes are not very detailed so I would like to know what the problem
> is with this new property.
>
> My reason for asking is that this property is very similar how Adobe treats
> colors in its authoring applications and acrobat.

Chris can probably fill in better, but I believe his argument was
that, at the time color-correction was first proposed (years ago)
several popular formats were *not* color-managed.  In particular,
Flash wasn't.  Today, Flash can be color-managed, as can JPEG and
other image formats.  Thus, if an author wants to ensure everything
matches, they just need to opt everything into color management, and
they're done.  No need to involve CSS.