Re: [css-variables][naming] Renaming 'var'

On 4/16/13 8:11 AM, "Adam Prescott" <adam@aprescott.com> wrote:

>On 16 April 2013 15:45, Sylvain Galineau <galineau@adobe.com> wrote:
>> This is not persuasive since 'red' is not the only option in this case
>> ('brand-color' seems more like what it is). No prefix naming convention
>> will prevent anyone from using poor variable names that will confuse
>>them
>> later.
>
>I think the issue is that it could (not sure by _who_) be misconstrued:
>
>    color: blue;
>    set-color: red;
>
>Both arguably "set", but they're different.

Again, sorry for being slow, but I do not see how this:

color:blue;
var-color:red;

Šis obviously less confusing. The confusion in such cases is imo caused by
a rather poor choice of variable name and the co-location of two things
that
might be related and thus confused with each other, not the choice of
prefix
i.e. you can make this argument about any prefix we come up with.

There may be arguments set/get makes things more confusing in some cases
but
this can't be it.