Re: [css-flexbox-1] Untestable assertions

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:45:31 +0200, Arron Eicholz
<Arron.Eicholz@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> Who is "we"?  If you're trying to imply that the CSSWG has to test
>> authoring
>> conformance criteria in order to exit CR, you're wrong.  No WG has ever
>> been
>> blocked from advancing for failing to test authoring criteria.
>
> "We" is test writers and the testers that have to verify the test cases
> that are written. The working group has very little to do with either of
> these. The WG sets of the criteria to write tests and right now it is
> loosely defined to encompass all normative statements require tests.
> Thus we then run into my issue that I called out.

I think this is the problematic part. Some conformance classes (e.g.
authors/validators) should probably be excluded from the "needs tests"
requirement.

Authoring conformance requirements that can be checked by an automated
validator can in theory be tested by writing tests for the validator.
http://simon.html5.org/test/validator/attribute-values/img-usemap/just-a-hash.html
is an example of such a test.

--
Simon Pieters