Re: [css-variables][naming] Renaming 'var'

At first this proposal sounded plausable to me, but in this example it's
farcical:

> style.getPropertyValue('set-foo')

And the increased opportunity for confusing** juxtapositions such as:

    set-purple: green;
    set-color: red;

More or less makes this a non-starter for me.

var-* is simpler and more robust in all these cases.

--
Pete Boere
Web Developer