Re: [css3-background] "Margins are always transparent" missing

Le 10/04/2013 21:40, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> I still do not see where this is explicitly stated. As presented,
> background-clip defines (can set) the background painting area; but
> nowhere does it say that background (background color and background
> image) - by definition - of an element is never painted into its own
> margin area.

I don’t see what’s missing here. By definition, each background layer is
painted in its background painting area, as defined by the
background-clip property, and not outside of it.

Each of the values accepted by background-clip − border-box,
padding-box, content-box − defines an area, none of which has any
intersection with the margins.

Since there is no 'margin-box' value for background-clip, it seems very
obvious to me that backgrounds are never painted in the margins.

--
Simon Sapin