W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-style@w3.org > September 2012

Re: [css3-conditional] Resolving issues

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:07:52 -0400
Message-ID: <CADC=+jfttDHWtaVTP5kNruxx1ryTmb3+xh43BHevwrFGDUB0nw@mail.gmail.com>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Brian Kardell
blog: http://briankardell.wordpress.com
twitter:  @bkardell
fun: http://www.hitchjs.com
On Sep 24, 2012 9:46 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Conditional spec <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-conditional/> is
> basically finished.  It's only got a handful of issues preventing it
> from advancing:
> Issue 1, using the new conditions with @import.  We propose pushing
> this to level 4.  It's not high-priority, so there's no reason to
> delay the rest of the spec, or rush its development.
> Issue 2, the "font_face_rule" production is not defined by Fonts.  We
> propose just fixing Fonts, and removing this issue.  ^_^
> Issue 3, forward compatible parsing of @supports.  We believe the
> forward-compatible parsing is sufficient here.  Testing selectors and
> whatnot can be easily done in a way that is invalid per the current
> grammar.
> Issue 4, adding an example with !important, can be trivially done.
> I'll pick that up tomorrow - it takes all of ten minutes.
> The remaining issues are all regarding @document, and are
> substantially harder.  We propose pushing @document to level 4, so the
> rest of the spec can advance quickly, since we already have several
> implementors wanting to release the other features.
> Are our suggested fixes acceptable?  Are there any other issues that
> aren't yet marked in the draft?  If the answers are yes and no,
> respectively, we'll fix them and request a new WD this week or next.
> ~TJ and fantasai
Received on Wednesday, 26 September 2012 14:08:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:08:21 UTC