Re: [css3-writing-modes] before/after terminology alternative?

I agree with Tokushige, Glenn, and Addison.

As an additional argument, based on my long work in
internationalization, I have always felt that while it may not be
hopelessly bad to have gratuitous differences for features of specs that
are widely used. But having such differences in features that are used
only rarely, in particular in internationalization, is really, really bad.

Also, I would like to point everybody to http://www.w3.org/Style/, which
among other things says:

"CSS and XSL use the same underlying formatting model and designers
therefore have access to the same formatting features in both languages.
W3C will work hard to ensure that interoperable implementations of the
formatting model are available."

This is part of a common understanding that was gained at a time when
there were heavy clashes between the proponents of the two technologies.
For some background, please also see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1999Jun/0040.html.

Regards,    Martin.