Re: [css3-exclusions] inline layout and wrap-flow:both

On 5/31/12 3:37 PM, "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

>On May 30, 2012, at 9:36 AM, Rossen Atanassov
><Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>> Right, the approach is to treat each empty segment and the inline
>>content that falls into separately for the purposes of inline layout.
>
>So, if a line box with a small 'line-height' value is broken into two
>segments, one with small text and one with large text and images, say,
>then the line box heights will be different, and the subsequent lines
>will no longer align?
>
>Not sure if you meant that, but it seems like it would be better for the
>line height sizing rules to apply to the whole line, not just the segment.

You are correct - the baselines of all of the line segments should line
up. And this baseline calculation can change what text can fit into a
segment with a smaller line height, depending on the contours of the
shape. We need to add these details to the draft.

Thanks,

Alan