Re: [css3-syntax] universal version of the CSS2.1 error handling grammar (aka. core grammar)

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu
<kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> While I was trying to understand if using <value> for CSS Varaibles
> makes sense or not, I realized that the CSS2.1 core grammar can be
> extended to an universal one, where universality of a grammar[1] means
> that the grammar is capable of generating all possible sequences of tokens.

Much less confusingly, the Syntax draft defines a universal grammar
via its tokenizer already.  (This can be easily seen by the fact that
every single state has an "anything else" transition rule.)

~TJ