RE: [css3-exclusions] inline layout and wrap-flow:both

Correct, floaters only restrict the space of inline content but never split it. If we haven't already I will open an issue to add a section about this.

> It seems to me that quite a few issues will need to be sorted out. For example,
> example 1 in the draft shows hyphenation and justification being applied to each
> segment individually. This needs to be specified. If the idea is to treat each
> segment as a different line, that needs to be specified.

Right, the approach is to treat each empty segment and the inline content that falls into separately for the purposes of inline layout. This means that alignment in the character direction is done per line segment while alignment in the block progression is done considering the baselines.

> You would need to specify whether ::first-line applies to the first segment of a line or the whole
> line. You would need to clarify how text-indent works if the text-indent is wider
> than the first segment. Etc.

Sure, these are valid topics that should be mentioned.

Thanks,
Rossen