Re: [css3-flexbox] flex-align:stretch on absolutely positioned items WAS: Changing abspos placeholders to atomic inlines

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
> > It's not clear to me with this change (or with the current spec text)
> what
> > should happen with flex-align/align-items: stretch on absolutely
> positioned
> > flex items. WebKit's current implementation happens to ignore stretch,
> but
> > that's not intentional. I can't really think of use-cases for wanting to
> > stretch absolutely positioned items, except if you're trying to overlay
> one
> > item on top of the other.
>
> It should have an effect equivalent to align-self:start.  Remember
> that it only stretches the placeholder, and abspos static position
> only cares about the top-left (or top-right in rtl) of the
> placeholder.

OK. Just to double-check I understand this correctly, does this also mean
that a flex-align:end absolutely positioned element in a row flexbox will
position it's top to the bottom of the flexbox and overflow out the bottom?