Re: [css-variables] allowed syntax of variable values (was Re: status ?)

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> On Friday 2012-05-25 11:43 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Sorry, I didn't fully apply the proper edits.  Look in the prop table.
>
> I guess the important part is:

> actually defined anywhere.

Yes, I expect to define them in the Syntax spec.  They have the
corresponding tokens, <function> is equal to the function production
in Appendix G).

> And, in particular, <function> being
> defined according to the core grammar would mean this isn't a
> simplification at all for implementations, but just constrains the
> future syntax of property values (e.g., to not use parentheses as
> some drafts of the background shorthand did).

Improvements welcome.  If you think I should '(' <value> ')' valid, I
can do that.

~TJ