Re: [css3-syntax][css3-values] use of IRIs in url() values

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>I am confused by your "it's neither a IRI nor a URI because it includes
>spaces" comment, since the
>url(http://räksmörgås.josefsson.org/raksmorgas.jpg) value doesn't have
>any spaces I can see.

We were talking about "data:text/html;charset=utf-8;base64,PCFkb2N0..."
and then switched to talking about

  <!doctype html><body style="background-image:
  url(http://räksmörgås.josefsson.org/raksmorgas.jpg">

which includes spaces. If you actually meant to talk about `url(ä)`,
well, maybe just say `background-image: url(ä)` next time.

>By the way, the reason I ask about all this is so that I can I replace
>all of the <funciri>s in SVG with <url>s, if possible.

Last I heard the SVG WG did not want to use CSS syntax. And as far as I
can tell from a brief look at "current" specifications,

  fill="url(o\000308)"

and

  background-image: url(o\000308);

refer to different resources. If you want to have CSS comments and CSS
escapes in presentation attributes in SVG then we could talk about using
CSS url tokens in SVG, otherwise you will have to stick to 'funcuri's.