Re: NUMBER vs <number>

* Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
>(12/05/22 4:28), Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>> The Recommendation says "COMMENT tokens do not occur in the grammar (to
>> keep it readable), but any number of these tokens may appear anywhere
>> outside other tokens." If the "-" and the "22em" are two tokens, then
>> adding "immediately" somewhere is not sufficient to clarify that between
>> these particular tokens COMMENTs are not allowed, given the quoted text.
>
>Well, there is this sentence at the beginning of 4.1:
>
>  # In this specification, the expressions "immediately before" or
>  # "immediately after" mean with no intervening white space or
>  # comments.

The proposed clarification does not link the phrase to that definition;
in that it is insufficient (I would also argue that it is insufficient
even if it did link to it, as the link is lost in plain text copies and
people tend to not follow transitively through all such links to get the
full meaning of some statement).