Re: [css-variables] Maintain link between var declaration and use

Your edge cases needn't affect the syntax of the common case.

If you need a read-time variable default you can simply define a function
for that case:

var-default($some-color, blue)

Similarly for the inheritance issues.

But we need to make the common use case of a globally set value and a basic
read drop-dead simple for authors to read and write; the function notation
does not accomplish this.

Chris