Re: [css3-animations][css3-transitions] Make negative durations invalid?

On Friday 2012-05-18 18:10 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Both modules currently require negative durations to 'treated as 0s'. [1][2]
>
> We have a bug for it [3] based on a thread this past March [4] that showed some
> agreement that such values should be treated as invalid instead.
>
> At the moment, a quick getComputedStyle() check shows that:
> - Opera 11 seems to treat negative durations as invalid
> - Firefox preserves negative durations
> - WebKit and recent IE10 builds clamp them to 0s per the current prose

Given the "Computed value" line, I wouldn't expect the clamping to
show up in the result of getComputedStyle.

It would simplify the Firefox code to either (a) make negative
values invalid, which I'd prefer or (b) make the clamping be
reflected in the computed value.

-David