Re: [css3-flexbox][css3-align] start/end vs. before/after

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> The Box Alignment proposal uses the flow-relative terms strictly, with
> the -justify properties using start/end and the -align properties using
> before/after.
>
> Aligning the two specs would mean Flexbox needs to switch flex-align,
> flex-item-align, and flex-line-pack to before/after. Are there any
> reasons not to do this?

No, it would be fine.  I use the terms cross-start/end consistently
throughout the spec itself; it would be a little weird to say that
"justify-outside:before" made it align its cross-start side against
the cross-start side of the line, but whatever.