Re: Proposal for isolation characters in Unicode and the unicode-bidi:isolate and unicode-bidi:plaintext definitions

On 2012/05/15 5:06, Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote:
> Last week, I wrote up and Mark Davis submitted to the UTC a proposal (
> http://goo.gl/K6qtV) for adding bidi isolation to Unicode. Here is the
> basic proposal:

It may be worth considering to create a new character to close these
embeddings. Otherwise, older algorithms will close LRE/RLE/LRO/RLO
embeddings/overrides prematurely.

Another question: What's the relationship between this proposal and the
new bidi control character that was proposed (I think by Apple) around
last November's UTC?

Regards,   Martin.