Re: [css21] NUMBER, PERCENTAGE, DIMENSION tokens and signs

(12/04/24 6:13), Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> We propose amending the Core Grammar to make the + and - part of the
> "num" production.  This shouldn't have any effect on real pages - we
> highly doubt that any page has actually put a comment between a
> negative sign and the number.

I'd like to note that if we change this but not the grammar for calc(),
it means that calc(1em + -1em) becomes conforming according to the
grammar. Perhaps it isn't a bid deal because the implementations that
ship already (IE9 and Firefox4+) already support this.

But the next question is whether we want to change Selectors 3 as it
explicitly forbids :nth(1n + -1) and the like.

Cheers,
Kenny