Re: [css21][css3-values] <positive-integer>

On May 8, 2012, at 4:07 PM, "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@csail.mit.edu> wrote:

> 1. is '-0' non-negative?

> 2. can '0.0' be parsed as <length>?

> If this is not breaking content on the Web, my preference for the above
> two questions is 'no'.

I think it likely that it would break content on the Web. Authors often try out different values and then edit them. So maybe the author tries out 0.01em, realizes it doesn't work, and then deletes the last three characters. If that sort of sloppiness works, it often stays. I think I even have some '-0' values in some of my own style sheets from that sort of editing (although probably not for values that needed to be non-negative).