Re: [css3-fonts] subscript/superscript variants

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 04:22 -0700, John Daggett wrote:
> Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> [... font-variant-position' property ...]

> * subscript/superscript variant glyphs are only used if all characters
>   are supported by the font

Does "all characters" mean that if I set the font-variant-position
property on the HTML body element that rendering is held up until you
get to a glyph that's not available as a superscript or to the end of
the document?

(it's a crazy case, although doing the same sort of thing for small caps
is not so crazy when you consider legal documents)