Re: [css3-flexbox] ussue 2 - fill-available vs. fit-content

On 05/07/2012 09:32 PM, Alex Mogilevsky wrote:
> Issue 2 [1] says
>
> “Are flexboxes fill-available or fit-content by default? Or are they really shrink-wrap, such that we need to adjust the main
> size here, now that we know the length of the longest line”
>
> This shouldn’t be an issue. It is up to parent layout to decide if they want shrink-wrap, based on parent layout and
> display-outside.

No, Flexbox needs to specify for itself. Tables and blocks both participate
in block-level layout, yet given 'auto' width, one is fit-content and the
other fill-available. We can say "use these rules" and point at a set of
rules, but we need to point at a set of rules and not just let people guess
which ones we meant.

~fantasai