Re: [css3-animations] `alternate-reverse` vs `alternate reverse`

On 05/05/2012 12:32 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I'm not sure we want or need this consistency here; I think normal was just
> a poor choice as the opposite to alternate. Maybe 'continuous' would have
> been better?

CSS3 Marquee uses 'forward' vs. 'reverse':
   http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-marquee/#the-marquee-direction

I think using forward/reverse would be a good combination for animation-direction
as well.

> I think a case could be made that the property should have been a combination
> of two keywords: one describing the timeline direction, the other the repetition
> direction. They'd have two values each and 4 combinations. But web sites already
> use alternate so I'd rather not make a cosmetic change. Unless, maybe, we have
> solid reasons to believe the 2x2 matrix could turn into a 3x3 one, in which case
> the current flat model is painful.

Switching 'normal' to 'reverse' or 'alternate-reverse' to 'alternate reverse'
wouldn't affect sites specifying 'alternate'.

~fantasai