Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

I think the WG's bar for CR is quite a bit higher than my (admittedly vague) "roughly interoperable" condition. Even when rough interoperabilty is established, arguments like the following might delay taking even a tiny split-off spec to CR, and in some cases they are even valid:

- UAs might match but the spec doesn't match what they do so it needs to be rewritten.
- UAs might match but we want to change the spec syntax entirely, because what is implemented so far is not as elegant as it could be.
- We need some tests first.
- Some people objected to going to LC because their pet issue is not yet addressed.
- We need a longer LC period because groups X, Y and Z may want to review.
- We have to address all the LC comments before we can go to CR.
- Splitting off this one property makes no sense because it's too tightly integrated with another property.
- We don't have enough editing resources to maintain yet another split off spec.

In consideration of such factors, I think your proposal would in practice give an unprefixing timeline that is much closer to the current policy than to the other alternatives suggested on this thread.

Regards,
Maciej