Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On May 4, 2012, at 2:40 PM, Florian Rivoal <florianr@opera.com> wrote:

> Finally, I think Apple and Microsoft are the vendors who have stated
> that they are unable to propose something for standardization until
> they have shipped a implementation.

I don't think that's an accurate description of Apple's practices. We have often made proposals for standardization after only a preview-level implementation (only available in nightlies, not in real shipping product) or in some cases even before implementing at all (for example our recent image-set proposal). If you modified your sentence with "sometimes" or "occasionally" then it might be more applicable.

Regards,
Maciej