Re: Proposition to change the prefixing policy

On 5/5/12 6:20 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Florian, I think your proposal has one flaw only but that's a pretty
> big one... We introduced prefixes originally to be able to have preview
> implementations potentially differing from the final spec and
> implementations.

If we're talking about previews, then it seems like the right solution
is to not ship prefixed stuff in final releases; just keep it in
previews.  Yes, this has come up before.  Getting everyone to agree on
this and stick to it is the hard part, given the benefits defecting has.
  And of course authors seem to be against this approach.

-Boris