RE: [css3-text] line-break effects on non-cjk text

> From: Florian Rivoal [mailto:florianr@opera.com]
> > How about changing the note:
> >
> > - In CSS3 no distinction is made
> > + In the recommended list above, no distinction is made
> >
> > Since CSS Text Level 3 doesn't define the precise set of rules, I hope
> > this resolve the contradiction.
>
> It does resolve the contradiction. I would have a preference for adjusting the normative
> text to match the note rather than the other way around, but if I am in a minority about
> that, I could live with your proposal.
>
> I would like to run this by the rest of the working group we consider, this closed, as it has
> some implications on interoperability and extensibility future levels of CSS.

Ok, let's discuss on F2F.

I actually tried the other way, only to figure out that defining CJK text normatively isn't an easy task, especially for punctuation characters. I'd like to avoid lengthy definitions added unless it has clear benefits.

I'm not clear on the benefits of doing so, as I think the purpose of the property is pretty clear from the paragraph after the note. It'd be helpful if you could clarify the benefits, or wordings proposal.

Regards,
Koji