Re: [CSS21] Errata to disallow 'inherit' after comma in 'font-family'

On Wednesday 2012-05-02 15:43 -0400, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Hello,
>
> {
>    Tab: 2.1 in font-family is less strict than we probably
>    intended.
>    ... It potentially allows 'inherit' after comma in font-family.
>
>    <Elika>
>    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Apr/0638.html
>
>    Tab: We would like a modification to disallow 'inherit'.
>
>    <David Baron> sounds good to me
>
>    <John> errata only, for now, correct?
>
>    <David Baron> (to disallow inherit anywhere within a
>    font-family value)
>
>    <David Baron> inherit keyword, that is
>
>    RESOLUTION: errata 2.1 to disallow 'inherit' after comma in
>    'font-family'

In hindsight, I think we should reconsider this resolution once
there's actual proposed text for the errata item.  And in the
future, I think that given CSS 2.1's level of stability, we
shouldn't consider proposed errata without an actual proposal for
what text is being changed.

-David