Re: [CSS21] Errata to disallow 'inherit' after comma in 'font-family'

Le Mer 2 mai 2012 15:43, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> {
>    Tab: 2.1 in font-family is less strict than we probably
>    intended.
>    ... It potentially allows 'inherit' after comma in font-family.
>
>    <Elika>
>    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Apr/0638.html
>
>    Tab: We would like a modification to disallow 'inherit'.
>
>    <David Baron> sounds good to me
>
>    <John> errata only, for now, correct?
>
>    <David Baron> (to disallow inherit anywhere within a
>    font-family value)
>
>    <David Baron> inherit keyword, that is

David,

'font-family'
    Value:  	[[ <family-name> | <generic-family> ] [, <family-name>|
<generic-family>]* ] | inherit

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-family-prop

The inherit keyword has always been making a font-family declaration block
invalid if it was following a comma. What you seem to be mentioning is
something else.

>    RESOLUTION: errata 2.1 to disallow 'inherit' after comma in
>    'font-family'

There is no comma in this
{font-family: inherit foo;}
declaration block: so why should it be now considered invalid? You asked
me to close bug 16848 even before getting a decision. Now I still do not
see/understand why
{font-family: inherit foo;}
is now invalid.

Gérard