Re: Sticky Positioning

It may help to reduce the vertical screen resolution in the developer tools
panel as it seems to be sensitive to that.  But it sounds like you are
visualizing it properly anyway.

> This means that every <h1> in the document will "stick" 10 pixels from
> the viewport top when things scroll such that the <h1> would have been
> partially off-screen. When the viewport has scrolled such that the
> visible portion of the <h1>'s containing box is too small to fit the
> <h1>, it should stop at the containing box's edge and only be partially
> displayed.

Is it correct to say that this is equivalent to specifying "position:
fixed; position-contain: parent" in the alternate proposal?  I.e. the <h1>
is always fixed at 10px from the top of the viewport, unless that would
bring it outside the bounds of its containing box, in which case its
position is clamped to the containing box's edge.  In that case, I agree it
addresses the google.com map example.