Re: [cssom-view] Definition of scrollWidth doesn't seem to make sense

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML>
>> overflow-y:scroll; border:1px solid black; background:orange;
>> background-clip:content-box;">
>> Webkit and Opera render the orange content-box just 100px high, so it's
>> not clear where they think the bottom-padding is. It's just looks like a
>> bug that they can scroll vertically in that testcase.
>>

> This is actually a really interesting case.
>
> IE7, Webkit, Opera and Firefox <= 11 all allow the area to be scrolled.
>
> IE8+ and Firefox 12+ don't allow the content to be scrolled.
>
> Should content overflow over the padding? Was this change intentional?

I think it was intentional in our case (Firefox).

I think it is clearly a bug in Opera and Webkit. The content-box is 100px
high. The 100px of bottom padding should be between the content box and the
border, per spec.

Look at it another way: why should adding/removing overflow-y:scroll affect
where the bottom padding is placed?

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]