Re: [CSS21] os/2 and hhea tables

Cross-plattform toolkit:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fonttools/

Written in Python, allows direct readout of any field of any table, alternatively you can use the "ttx" commandline tool which converts OpenType fonts or any of their tables into XML, which allows easy parsing/reading of the contents.

http://code.google.com/p/sfntly/
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/tin/Tin
are two alternatives -- libraries that can be integrated into C, C++ or Java tools for reading OpenType tables and their fields.

(And a big clarification: in terms of OpenType .otf or .ttf fonts and TrueType .ttf fonts, the term "table" refers to a data structure referred by a 4-letter tag which is included in the container referred to as "SFNT" -- which are stored in files with the .otf or .ttf file, or, wrapped once more and compressed, in a .woff or .eot file.)

Adam

Sent from my mobile phone.