Re: CfC: publish FPWD of Fullscreen spec; deadline May 24

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't think people who don't live in WHATWG/W3C mailing lists
> and/or make browsers for a living can read a document like this one -
> or, say, CORS - and hope to figure
> out what problems they are/aren't trying to solve. (I'm not sure
> they're even that obvious for people who do....)

I don't really see how this is a helpful contribution. I fully realize
everything is not as good as it can be (and you know I do), but we
have limited resources and many problems worth solving. If you know
someone that can do a better job on CORS or Fullscreen please by all
means have them do it.

I put my time into documenting the platform in a detail I hope is
sufficient for implementors to reach interoperable implementations
which helps reducing site compatibility issues and developer
frustration. I certainly compromise on non-normative material, because
there are so many parts not documented well.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/