Re: [CSS21] Can internal table elements be relatively positioned, or establish stacking contexts?

On 18/06/2012 11:41, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 20:10:12 +0200, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> Le 16/06/2012 20:50, Anton Prowse a écrit :
>>> Supposedly, the 'position' property applies to all elements.
>
> That's not the whole story, CSS 2.1 also says that "[t]he effect of
> 'position:relative' on table-row-group, table-header-group,
> table-footer-group, table-row, table-column-group, table-column,
> table-cell, and table-caption elements is undefined". But this is not
> useful for achieving interoperability, of course.

Uff, sorry to have missed that!  Thanks, Øyvind.

For now, I'm going to work with the assumption that internal table
elements can't establish stacking contexts in CSS21.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net