Re: [CSS21] The 'clear' property on table wrappers.

Le 16/06/2012 12:20, Anton Prowse a écrit :
> That said, in a world where properties can only act on one or other of
> the two boxes, the use case for having 'clear' (and 'z-index') act on
> the table wrapper box is a lot stronger than that for having it act on
> the table box!

To follow up on this: I made the change in WeasyPrint and add these to
the list that applies to table wrappers.

clear, counter-increment, counter-reset, opacity, page-break-before,
page-break-after, page-break-inside, transform, transform-origin,
vertical-align, z-index.

(I would also include backface-visibility as suggested by David, but we
do not have 3D transforms.)

Note that line-height does not need to be in this list as it is
inherited. Actually what to do with inherited properties is implicit in
the spec. Here is how I interpret it:

The table wrapper box and table box are either both generated from the
same table element, or are both anonymous. When there is a table element:

* Both boxes get the element’s computed value for properties that are
   inherited
* The table wrapper box gets the element’s computed value for
   properties in the list mentioned above, the initial value for
   other properties
* The table box gets the initial value for properties in the list
   mentioned above, the element’s computed values for other properties

The main difference between the two boxes are the captions, which are
children of the table element: this should be a guiding principle to
decide which properties to include in the list. In particular, I think
that properties that affect their descendants through means other than
inheritance (like opacity) should be included.

--
Simon Sapin